Industrial automation and IoT
Industries now and in future will be vastly more automated, and connected by Internet of Things (IoT). These advanced technologies will increase the ease of business decision making, performance, efficiency, production, design innovation, safety, security, and remote communication, etc. while decreasing operating costs.
Building automation is well-established, but many industrial companies are lagging behind. Is your factory or industrial building ‘smart’ with the following automated features?
- pressure, torque, load, strain
- temperature, humidity, air quality
- flow, gas, chemicals, fluid leaks, levels
- voltage, electrical, magnetic
- frequency, vibration, sound
- acceleration, tilt, motion, velocity, displacement
- proximity, presence, position
- machine vision, light level
- air conditioning and fans
- hot and cold water
- flow valves
- circuit closers and breakers, etc
- fire sprinklers and smoke dampers
- alarms - intrusion, fire, smoke, level, leak, motion, radiation, locks and containment
- remote security notification
Industrial Internet of Things
IoT takes industrial automation to a whole new level. Some of the benefits and things you can do with industrial automation and IoT and are:
- Network your production with your IT (information technology) for fast, accurate and intelligent operations.
- It gives you scalable control of multiple operating systems across multiple locations.
- Save costs on: wiring, installation, troubleshooting, error correction, consumable resources (electricity, gas, water, etc) and much more.
- Program settings for different modes of occupancy: eg warm up before workers arrive, full operational mode, shut down at end of day, overnight automatic processes, etc. They can be tailored differently for different parts of the building.
- Lighting control by motion sensors, timers, occupancy sensors, photosensors, etc.
- Fire and smoke control by sensors, alarms, ventilation, sprinklers and dampeners.
- Air conditioning, heating, cooling and humidity control in line with occupancy modes.
- Hot and cold water systems linked to air handling systems.
- Monitoring of infection or contamination (biological, chemical, etc).
- Connect all sensors and actuators to security and safety systems, alarms and remote notification to enable fast response in failures or crises.
- Secure all data flows between the edge (gateways, controllers, computers) and the cloud.
- Data correlation, analysis and its use for optimisation of operations and business decision making.
- Optimal supply-demand matching.
- Generate new models for business and personnel handling.
Beyond the buildings
You can network your transport system and vehicles into your IoT. Even automate vehicles, like they do on broadacre crop farms. This can lead to increased efficiency, security and saving of time and money.
A lot of business and industry relies on external environmental conditions. Moreover some businesses specialise in providing environmental monitoring, assessment and solutions. Automation and IoT add a never-before seen power to accomplish these goals.
What we do
- Help you automate and network your buildings and assets in any industry (manufacturing, mining, transport, telecommunications, research institutions, IT, etc).
- We can instal control cabinets and user interfaces, in either one central location or decentralized.
- Instal your input/output modules, controllers, masters, slaves and gateways anywhere in your buildings and grounds. This includes walls, ceilings, floors and instrument banks.
- Provide you with the most suitable gateway and control software and show you how to use it.
- Connect up your legacy devices to expand data acquisition reach.
- Test and troubleshoot when things go wrong.
Call us today to start a profitable relationship in future technology now.